Monday, September 21, 2009

A Quick Trip

Saturday after the Camas Vintage Street Faire Mike, the girls and I headed to the beach property. We have not been there sense July 4. And man could you tell. The grass was tall. The spiders and mice were hard at work. Sunday morning the sunshine came out to greet us.




I look in wonder at all the work that goes into a web. Must be equivalent to spring cleaning???

My favorite rusty metal bed frame....
I am a little under the weather today, however I saw a recipe for Buttermilk Pie and had to try it.
If its good I will post the recipe....
For some reason I do not even own a pie plate.....42 and this is only my second homemade pie...
So I improvised.
Who said pies have to be round?
Hope you all have a fantastic week.
And here's to all you bloggers who take your own pics instead of borrowing...
Much more intriguing.
Julie

2 comments:

Florence said...

Julie What a great idea for your pie, who said a pie had to be round? The Uncovered Ruby was a combination, but mostly vintage, I know the name implies a little fancier event but it definitely was a vintage sale. I labeled the post Uncovered Ruby Gala because that is what they called it. Hope your doing well.

Florence said...

Julie Papa Jacks is a mix of old made new but definitely primitive, no art work, they used to be at some of the school bazars and were always the first to sale out. They created birdhouses and furniture out of barn wood, they have also done the Magic of Christmas show when it was going on. They have made primitive raggedy ann's, they also mix a little of old vintage things too. The setting is at their family homestead so that alone will be special.