Monday, February 2, 2009

A Little Treasure to Share

Happy Monday
I wanted to share the place where I come up with all my best ideas and dreams.
(When I am supposed to be sleeping)

Here are some treasures that I came home with from the Auction. Mike and I had a lot of fun. Some Limoges and Versailles where included in this lot of French and Danish Porcelain.

Some Old Glory Vintage Flags were a steal. Mike knew just how to fold them up for me (being a Military Vet and all). They will look perfect in my 4Th of July Vignette.


Here are some more treasures to dye for. Peals, Rose painted Porcelain salt and pepper shakers, vintage perfume bottles, cameo powder box, a couple of old jewelry box's that will get a little makeover and some old silver spoons.


This was my favorite find. A complete Silver Tea Set. I was going to polish it but I think I love it just the way it is.



This is a piece that Mike and I found at a Farm Sale in Dayton this Summer. It was in the kitchen of a 100 year old farm house. I love the detail on the drawer pulls. That's what stole my heart. It did need a serious bath though...yuk. My friend Debbie from Worthy Goods told me on Saturday "Keep what you love, if you don't love it get rid of it" So I proceeded home, took out a table that I didn't love and replaced it with this piece that I absolutely love. I use it for all of my wine, champagne and bar ware along with some yummy spirits.


Here is how I decorated it.

Hope you all have a fantastic week. And if you are going to the Blog Party I will see you there.






1 comment:

melanie said...

Love your tea set...and I can see why you come up with such fabulous ideas...your bedroom is just lovely!
thanks for the fabulous blog!
melanie